swedish invasion

Tuesday, July 15


At the expense of sounding extremely redundant (especially for those that follow on Instagram), my Swedish relatives came in this weekend to visit us:) I always love having visitors because it allows Kevin and I to do all the fun/exciting things that we've always wanted to do in our own backyard, but never get around to it! This weekend we spent a lot of time at Newport beach, teaching our cousins how to play Spike Ball, introducing them to our favorite Trader Joe's beach snacks, and of course taking them to our favorite restaurants in town (Bear Flag Fish Co. and True Foods!). We also tried our hand at paddle boarding in the back bay, which was a real treat (and ended with me laying on my board and kevin pulling me, haha! I actually liked paddling, but I was going too slow cause i'm a weakling, so Kevin had the brilliant idea of pulling me so we could catch up! #weakgirlproblems…anyway…). We spent lots of time playing games at night, such as scattagories (which is hilarious with two languages going on!) and Nerts!  Sunday began in downtown LA trying out the new Hillsong Church for the first time, and then watched the world cup game from a sports bar in LA Live. It was nuts. That evening, my cousin Samuel, who is a chef in Stockholm made us the most delicious authentic Swedish dinner. We actually found a Swedish bakery/deli in downtown LA called Olson's and were able to snag ourselves some fresh lingonberries, which was a real delight! We spent the evening out on the balcony overlooking Marina Del Rey, drinking coffee and telling stories.  I asked the question "when was a time in your life where God changed you" and we all went around and answered it. I am always amazed that no matter where we go in this world, there are powerful stories of God tenderly moving and touching lives…transforming us all. At one moment, I sat holding my tea, gazing out upon the marina and then to all the faces around me, and just felt so full of thanksgiving. God is good:) This weekend continued to remind me of His blessings:)



15 comments :

  1. I haven't been to the beach all summer :( Looks like a blast! So jealous. Also, I love True Foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Thanks for sharing these sweet memories with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you guys have had a wonderful visit! You hit up some of my favorite places (and food stops!) and I LOVE how you all shared how God is working in your lives. That's a connection that holds strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! Having visitors is such a great excuse to be a tourist in your home town :) I love the ice breaker question too, I want to steal it to use sometime! Also, every time I read your blog it makes me wish I could have a coffee date with you! I love how you let your light shine so bright! Keep it up lady, and if you're ever in Denver let me know ;) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! All of your posts are making me wish I had some Swedish relatives :) Glad y'all are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been loving seeing all your pictures on insta/FB! Looks like you guys have had the BEST time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are pretty fabulous tour guides, I must say. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys look like you all had so much fun and enjoyed each other immensely!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are those swedish meatballs I see?? My grandmother used to make those...and now my mouth is watering! Since I'm living in the land of western food again, I may need to make them next week. :) Beautiful photos as always! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like so much fun, Katie! And the food!! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well at the expense of me sounding redundant, I love your amazing pictures! Seriously, they're beautiful and capture the fun of your visit

    ReplyDelete
  12. That spread looks amazing! And super delicious. Wish I had a Swedish chef in my family, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also love having visitors. It's great extra company, and it's true what you said, you get the chance to do things you would prefer to do in a group. So much fun, and these photographs are so crisp. I love it.

    Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!