our day with the sweet boys

Thursday, March 22

kevin and I have fallen in love.

the objects of our affection are 7 year old KC and 5 year old JT.

they live across the way from us, and today as we got home, they came rushing out of their house, screaming our names, and showing us with sweet hugs.

i love that as we keep our lives open for surprises, God does just that, he surprises us with treasures. these boys are our treasures, no doubt about it.

so today we set aside our plans, and spent the whole afternoon with these two cuties. i'm glad we did. we tasted the kingdom of God.

we decided to make pizza. the boys LOVE cooking with us. they are my sidekicks when i cook or bake. and let's be honest..have you ever seen a sidekick as cute as THIS? look at that smile...gahhh, so precious!
while i was doing the dishes, Kevin read to the boys, "taught" some guitar, and pointed out on the map where our sponsored children live. can i just say that i fell in love with my husband a little bit more today? handsome AND fatherly inclined! win win.

i'm dying laughing from this picture. JT was plugging his nose when I put the pesto on the pizza.....evidently pesto is not universally loved.
KC: Where's the cheese?
Me: I'm allergic to cheese!
KC: You're afraid of CHEESE? why? it's not scary.

and evidently olives look like humpty dumpty's hat. i'm not sure where that one came from, but they were insistent that i put his hat on our pizza.

Before the boys leave, they always give kev a handshake and me a hug. it's like our little ritual. mmmm, i LOVE these boys!
thanking sweet Jesus for reminding me that life is about the journey, not about my to-do list. because had I put laundry or cleaning in front, i would have missed out on the laughter and joy of being in community with abba's most precious ones.

matthew 19:14
Jesus said "let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these"

enjoy today sweet friends, and delight in the unexpected and surprises of our loving God...
love Katie

1 comment :

  1. what great perspective! this sounds like an amazing afternoon. I'm so glad you commented on my blog so I could read yours! you've got a new follower and hopefully a new bloggy friend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!